Vertic is looking for a Digital Content Strategist for its Copenhagen office. Based on business, marketing and communications objectives, the Digital Content Strategist defines what content needs to be produced, where it should be placed, how it is interlinked and when it should be published. Typical Content Strategy outputs include content strategy presentations, content calendars, rough copy decks / outlines and completed briefing forms to be used by Copywriters, Art Directors and Designers in the creation of the content.
Vertic’s Copenhagen office focuses on digital solutions and communications for the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry, and the ideal candidate should be comfortable working with medical content that can be highly technical. Often this means being able to rapidly get up-to-speed on a new drug or unfamiliar disease before commencing the content strategy work. Experience working with medical content is not a requirement – but the candidate should enjoy the process of gaining new knowledge in diverse and technical topics.
The Digital Content Strategist should be comfortable in a hands-on, collaborative environment, working closely with copywriters, medical writers, designers, developers, and project managers; generating ideas on the fly, evaluating work produced by the team against the brief, and helping them make course-corrections where necessary.
- Leverage primary research, insights, and website analytics to drive content strategies for websites, campaigns and other assets aimed patients and healthcare professionals
- Develop and sell-through content strategies internally and to clients
- Create content calendars for social media and content marketing campaigns
- Define and communicate content requirements for the internal team through outlines and briefs – working with the copywriters, designers, and developers throughout the production process to ensure the output supports the content strategy
- Use initiative and online research to turn a single idea into a compelling outline for an article or video, content calendar and topics for a series of posts, content approach for an infographic and more
- Where necessary, identify, procure, and manage external partners (experts, bloggers etc.) for specialist content origination
- Develop content strategies, information architectures and UX for B2B marketing sites, landing pages and large-scale .COM revamp projects.
- Evaluate clients’ existing content as well as competitor content, to make insightful recommendations for improvements, filling gaps or complete overhaul.
- Conduct user analysis to develop personas, analyze existing personas and website data to understand needs across the user journey and inform content, IA and UX decisions.
- Conduct content audits, documenting current site structures and content gaps for use in content creation and migration.
- Produce sitemaps, user flow diagrams, wireframes, content matrices, style guides and other artefacts to be used by the copywriters, designers, and developers in realizing the content / UX strategy.
- Create compelling presentations to sell-through, explain and document content and UX strategies internally and to the client.
- Create short copy for website user interfaces (navigation, CTAs, notifications etc.), organize existing content and brief internal and external copywriters to edit and create new content.
- Devise and lead ideation workshops internally and with clients to kickstart UX and content strategies.
- Work closely with project managers to help them understand the UX and content strategy, the content production requirements, and levels of effort. Own the UX and content for each project ensuring team members are briefed and understand what is required to make the project a success.
Desired skills & Experience
- 5+ years of content strategy
- Copywriting experience is a plus
- Experience working with medical content is a plus
- Deep understanding of the digital space
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Have a love of working collaboratively
- The ability to use great creative to answer specific business goals
- Self-motivated, and willing to fill in the gaps where needed
Vertic is a strategic digital agency dedicated to creating groundbreaking solutions. We are made up of individuals driven by creativity, innovation and spirit. Vertic has offices in Copenhagen, New York, Seattle and Singapore and partners with major brands worldwide including Eli Lilly, Roche, Biogen, GE, GSK and Sanofi.