Since Vertic's launch in 2002, we've been fiercely dedicated to developing digital solutions that help our Fortune 500 clients build their brands by providing superior customer experiences and generating tangible business results. Our approach is interdisciplinary, combining strategy, storytelling, creativity and interactive design. We thrive on redefining the digital space. We can't stand average, and our clients can't either.
At Vertic we believe people must be engaged when interacting with a brand. That’s why our solutions allow the user to develop an affinity for and an emotional bond with it. This means our work changes consumer behavior and in doing so, generates demand for our clients' brands, including products and solutions.
Vertic is experiencing strong demand for our highly strategic digital services and solutions and is growing rapidly. Accordingly, we are seeking a Senior UX Designer to join our expanding team as we create solutions for the most innovative brands in the world.
About the Position
We are looking for an enthusiastic, cultured and talented Senior UX Designer who is willing to execute best-in-class user experience for strategic, innovative and interactive cross-platform digital solutions.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to expand and challenge your creative skills while working in a truly international independent boutique agency. Our strong design team is constantly challenging creative boundaries. Our standards are high, and we work hard to achieve them. As a member of this team you will continue to sharpen your digital design skills that include UX strategy, responsive website development and product design while working with our global team. Specific job responsibilities will include:
- Directly report to the Director of UX/UI under management of Global Group Creative Director
- Execute the full UX process for full design systems from research/strategy, concepting, information architecture/sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, to clickable prototypes to user testing
- Create concepts for solutions cross devices/platforms
- Present your concepts with concrete tactical rationale
- Participation in client engagement including presentation of concept or workshops (may include travel)
- Documentation of functionality specs for seamless handoff to visual design and development teams
- 7 – 8+ years of solid experience with UX and UI design
- Experience in user experience design for fully responsive websites and/or digital products in agency setting. Must have experience with end to end delivery on full digital solutions - we are not looking for someone with only mobile application experience
- Proficiency with Axure or Sketch or equivalent programs (Balsamiq or Omnigraffle experience is fine, but need willingness to learn Axure)
- Experience communicating/collaborating with design and development teams, having a solid understanding of web technologies
- Able to work in a team but also quickly learn to take ownership of selected projects
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects at once and accurately set and meet deadlines
- Desire to grow managerial skills and assist with overseeing other projects
- The candidate has a strong inclination and interest in technology, user experience and able to provide creative ideas and UI solutions for competitive best-in-class digital designs across communication channels and devices
- Clean and thoughtful design aesthetic
- Strong presentation skills, need to be comfortable leading client presentations and workshops
- A Team Player! We’re a small agency and that means sometimes needing to be proactive and help teammates with their deliverables.
- 100% covered individual medical, dental + vision plans
- Competitive salaries
- Casual dress code
- Integrated, collaborative and fun environment
- Fantastic location on the edge of SoHo with amazing views
- Close-knit international agency environment
- Company-wide bonding events
All applicants MUST submit a portfolio.